Friday, June 26, 2015

The Butterfly Fields by Donna R. Wood


After a long journey back from the United Kingdom, I was relaxing in my garden home. Whilst basking in the sun, it hit me- literally it hit me; Fell right out of the sky it did. I dug my way out from under the mysterious flying object, and found that it was another piece of human literature cast into my world. The book was titled The Butterfly Fields by Donna R. Wood. I've always gotten along well the butterflies, so I was intrigued. I thought to myself, I must know of these fields of butterflies.

The McCormick sisters have a strong bond, as most sisters do. Both are of the race of people known as, the na hÉireann (na hear-in), but Annalicia has inherited the traits of their father, a Bearla outsider. Which makes her feared in the McCormick clan. The sisters share a secret place that only they can enter. It appears to be an imaginary realm they use to escape the harsh reality that is their life. Yet, it becomes clear that The Butterfly Fields are much more then they appear.

Elsie's hunger for knowledge drives a wedge between her and her sister, Annalicia. While Elsie is away at college in Alnae, Annalicia is left alone feeling abandoned in The Butterfly Fields. Lost and out of control in Alnae, Elsie makes a choice with grave consequences for her, Annalicia and the village of Johnsport.  

The issues that Ms. Wood touches on are as relevant today as they were in the middle ages. The overall themes are a tangled web of science, religion, and family. This is truly a multidimensional book where some questions are only answered when one reads between the lines.

In my opinion Ms. Wood has written an epic tale of good and evil; legend and lore. It was well written with very few grammar and punctuation errors. Though there are a few words and phrases that are no longer used today, her writing style makes it easier for the reader to understand their meanings.

A story well told, Donna R. Wood. I cant wait the read the second book in The Chrysalis series:Torn Wings.


Until Friday next my mortal readers.








  

No comments:

Post a Comment